Bananal Beach is about one hour by boat from the center of Angra dos Reis (latidude - South 23 ° 06 min. 26.2 sec / longitude 44 ° 15 min 04 sec). The guest should go to the tourist pier of Angra dos Reis, there the boat of the Pousada do Preto will take you to Ilha Grande.
Leaving from São Paulo:
• By Caraguatatuba: Take Dutra highway until São José dos Campos city. There, take the Tamoios Highway to Caraguatatuba. Follow the signs to Ubatuba city, following the BR-101 towards Rio de Janeiro. You will pass through Ubatuba, Paraty and finally Angra dos Reis.
• By Barra Mansa: Follow Dutra highway until Km 272, than take the access to the Barra Mansa city. Follow the Getulândia Road, you will pass through the cities of Rio Claro and Lídice. Finally you will arrive in the BR-101 already in Angra dos Reis. Avoid this route during the night, because the road is very precarious and offers dangers to the drivers.
• Reunidas Paulista has 4 daily departures leaving from Tietê bus station.
+ 55 (11) 0300 210 3000
Leaving from Rio de Janeiro:
• Follow to the end of Av. Brasil. At the end of the route, close to the Santa Cruz neighborhood, you're going to arrive at the beginning of Rio-Santos (BR-101), just after a Military Police station. Follow in to the Rio-Santos to Angra dos Reis.
• The company Costa Verde has several daily departures.
+ 55 (21) 2573 1484
Leaving from Belo Horizonte:
• Follow BR-040, go through Três Rios city (Rio de Janeiro), take BR-393 to Barra Mansa city (Rio de Janeiro). You’re going to arrive in Getulândia city, cross Rio Claro city and Lídice city. A few minutes later you will find the entrance to BR-101 (Rio-Santos). Follow BR-101 to Angra dos Reis.
Leaving from Curitiba:
Follow the Régis Bitencourt Highway to São Paulo city, and then you can continue in the following ways:
1) Going towards Santos and Guarujá city and then driving along the coast through Highway BR 101, passing through the cities of Bertioga, São Sebastião, Caraguatatuba and Ubatuba. Just after the Beaches of Itamambuca and Trindade you're going to arrive at the roundabout of Paraty, to Angra dos Reis city are only 100Km, approximately one hour by car.
2) Continuing along the Highway to São José dos Campos city, you can continue to Taubaté city, go down the mountain road Oswaldo Cruz to Ubatuba city and follow as mentioned in option 1. The road is paved but very narrow, be careful of the curves.
3) Continuing along the São José dos Campos Highway, passing through Taubaté and down the mountain road only when you arrive in Guaratinguetá, this option is more suitable for those who like light off-road routes because there are stretches of mud. Continue until Cunha city and then Paraty city. It is approximately 100Km between Guaratinguetá and Paraty, then you can follow BR 101 to Angra dos Reis city, which is approximately 100Km from Paraty city, one hour by car.
4) This is recommended for our biker friends, just go straight through Régis Bitencourt. Passing through São Paulo, Taubaté, Guaratinguetá, Resende and Penedo. When leaving the Dutra highway in Barra Mansa city, follow the Getulândia road** to BR 101 and it will be 12 Km from Angra dos Reis.
** Take great care in this section, the road is not wide and not signaled correctly.